Welcome to FAQ. Plate-Top will summarize the FAQ continuously in order to help our customers to check and solve the problem immediately.
1) Why I tested to cut 100 x 100 mm square. Other side was 100 mm and other 99 mm.
There are 3 possibilities:
1) the torch is not mounted vertically to the plate surface£»
2) Check also if the cut kerf is vertical to the metal sheet (in case of plasma, the kerf has a angle between 3-5 degree;
3) If it is not the previous 2 cases, the system M and N parameter needs to be modified. Please check and provide us the M and N parameter of the system, here is how to get the M and N data:
press 【F4】 PARA--SYST--N? M? , read the data of M and N and tell us.
1) The machine has no Oxygen flowing， Any info you have about this? Info about solenoid valve?
The problem has 4 possibilities:
1) Check if you have connected the solenoid valve cable, if yes, check if it is connect well;
2) Check the solenoid valve, when you press the button of [cutoxy], if you can hear the sound of “Pa” from the solenoid valve, if yes, the solenoid valve is good;
3) Check the relay, measure the voltage if it is 24V (on or off);
4) Check the program, if it has the code of M07
1) Is the plasma ignition on the machine automatic or manual?
1) Two way to ignite the plasma: in manual pressing the corresponding key from the keyboard: pressing " cut" will ignite the plasma, pressing "cut off, will stop it. The other way is when you are using the automatic mode, you insert in the cutting program the command M07 to ignite the torch, M08 to stop it. But please note that in case of you are using the FastCAM cutting software to make a cutting program, the software will add these commands by itself.
1) Could you describe the process of beginning of cutting – manually or automatically?
1) The process to begin cutting manually: you open the fuel valve, the pre-heating oxygen valve and with a lighter you light the flame. To open the cutting oxygen after having open the valve of the torch, you press on one button of the keyboard (oxygen). In automatic, after having do the same that in manual, in the programe you have inserted the command M07. Before you will have made an adjustment for the cutting oxygen flow. This is the process for flame cutting. If you are using a plasma cutter in manual, you open and adjust the oxygen flow and press the keyboard button to ignite the torch. In automatic you insert in the program the command M07 (M08 in both case will cut the oxygen)
1) I tested to cut with Hypertherm Powermax 1000. I have difficulties to set right speed parameters. Sometimes arcs was going too slowly and with some parameters there was too much vibrations. Can you help to find right parameters for Plate-Top?
1) set right speed parameters:
method 1:a, press[F4]PARA--CTRL--WORKSPEED(adjust the speed)--SAVE,b,press [F↓]、[F↑]to adjust the rate of speed.
method 2:a,add a speed control directive in the program --F***，b,press [F↓]、[F↑] to adjust the rate of speed.
1) What should I do if the torch movement is block?
1) Concerning the non-falling out pieces who can block the machine. If the torch movement is block by anything else, this will create an over-current rush on the stepper motor, this inrush current will be detected by the current limiter circuit and the machine will switch off by itself. As it is an accidental power off, applying the correct procedure (describe in the User’s manual), the machine will be re-started at the point of the program when this power off occurred. I must say that, the point you are mentioning is general to all cutting machines.
1) After a long time cutting, the tip become very hot, what should I do to cool down it?
1) Concerning the hot tip problem, the problem leading to self-extinguish the flame, can be observed, after two hours, the flame is becoming unstable and need adjustment of the flow of the cutting oxygen. To cool down the nozzle, I will not recommend to dip it in water….thermal shock. Air blowing is ok. But I must say that two hours of cutting operation is really long. As duty cycle, I must say that 10 min waiting is enough to cool down the tip to avoid this problem.
1) FLAME-PARAMETERS-->PIERCETIME value: I am not able to set it more than 2 seconds. How to increase pierce-time?
2) What is syntax for G04 command? How to give dwell time?
3) Is it possible to interface limit-switches for homing the machine on power-up?
1) The maximum value for PIERCETIME is 2 seconds, it cannot be set bigger. If the plate cannot be pierced completely, you can increase the HOTUP TIME.
2) G04 means ‘Dwell (stop-delay)’, for example, G04 L2.4, means delay 2.4 seconds.
3) It is possible, but the limit-switches are for urgency, so you’d better do this.
1) I have attched g- code for one component generated by your software.
After cut is over torch is not coming to the start position.
1) Please make some adjustment with AUTO CAD software. See the picture below
1)The memory of the machine is 64k, so you can save into 64 programs, but if your program is too long the number of the program will be reduce. And your system is showing numbers flowing down Message: the overflow. It means the memory space is full. Please delete some less-use program before save the new program.
The step to delete program in the machine:
2)Then press F4(DELF)；
3) Choose the program you want to delete by pressing the direction key;
4) After you choose it press ENTE, then the program will be deleted.
1) How to re-installing the machine
A: The step for factory setting:
1) Press F3【PARA】,and then press 1928 ,then you can see pic1.
1) And then choose the parameter you want to change. But you must don’t forget press F6 to save it after you change it. So the value will be saved after you reset the machine.
B: The step to reset the machine:
1) Press GG3 in the main menu
1) Choose the second one and then press ENTER, and then you can reset the parameter.
1) URGENT- More problems……….???
Irrespective what speed we set o the program, the machine operates at one metre per minute. The only way to decrease the speed is by pressing the F-DOWN key while cutting is in operation.
It would appear that when the Auto is selected, the CNC seems to get the speed rating from the manual settings and not from the selected auto settings.
1) You maybe did a wrong operate .You need to set the speed in the LIMITE SPEEDE: the concretely step is F3-F1, and then choose the fourth option, and to set value here.
1) Have a look at the movie and let me know why we cannot load a file from machine memory and save a file from USB key? We make as follow:
Main menu – edit – load (we should see some files) – we can see only some letters, which are not a program commands, and to get out we must switch off the machine.
We did try to make diagnostic: Main menu – diag (as you see on the screen there are some letters moving), but unsuccessfully.
The only possibility is to execute program directly from USB, if we try to save it to machine memory, “PROGRAM OVERFLOW” is indicated on the display.
1) For this problem, because the program storage space has been full, so please delete some less-use program. And then you could save the new program.
2) After install the FASTCAM, to install the softdog is necessary which used to avoid pirate, otherwise you couldn’t use it in any system.
1) Can you advise me? You write that THC can only be used for plasma cutting. How can switch it off when I want to cut by flame?
1) Press button Parameter on the main interface,& then press control, &then reset the “flame/plasma” from 01 to 00